Downtown Christmas Parade
Due to the risks associated with COVID-19, the 2020 Downtown Thomasville Christmas Parade has been cancelled. The health and safety of the children, spectators, and volunteers is the top priority. We look forward to the return of the Christmas parade in 2021. In the meantime please refer to the City of Thomasville’s community calendar to learn more about planned holiday activities, including visits from Santa Claus. We hope you have a safe and happy holiday season!
Thomasville Community Calendar
Rules and Reminders
1. EVERYONE will end at the Farmer's Market this year!
- This means you cannot unload in the middle of Smith Ave. You have to pull into the farmer's market and unload.
- Walkers will go to the left of the shed towards the fence and all vehicles will go around the shed into the open parking lot. We will have signage and parade officials to assist you.
- If you don't have to drop off anyone or have walkers you can continue on Smith Ave with your parade entry. The police and parade officials will let you by.
- Bands will end at the farmer's market.
- Communicate with parents so that they will know where to pick their child up. An adult from your group must be responsible for the children until parents arrive.
2. Parade Officials will have on neon yellow bibs. Their job is to keep both participants and spectators safe and informed. Listen and follow their directions in order to ensure a safe parade! If you have any questions, both officials and police will have the lineup and can assist you.
3. No one is to dress as SANTA! We will have only one Santa and we take care of that. Children get confused as to why there is more than one and we don't want parents having to explain that.
4. You may hand out candy (not throw!) and/or discount/freebies. Do not hand out flyers with information as they will get thrown on the ground.
5. Music containing rude or obscene lyrics will not be allowed.
6. All entries are required to maintain a forward motion at all times. (This is the biggest complaint we had last year) We will have parade officials along the parade route to encourage forward motion. When you stop it creates gaps! So please keep moving!
7. JUDGING INFORMATION - THEME: TBA - Judges will evaluate each entry's interpretation of the parade theme. All entries being judged must be in place no later than 5:30 PM. Judging will begin promptly at 5:30 PM and entries not ready at that time will not be judged. Entries not being judged must be lined up by 6 PM. The parade will start promptly at 6:30 PM.
8. Please use your best judgment. Police will be located all along the parade route and entries points.
9. Please stay in line according to your number. Do not try to get in front of anyone else.
10. All animals must be kept on leads under complete control in their assigned spots. Pooper scoopers are required with all animal entries.
Thomasville YMCA/Thomas County Recreation looks forward to this event each year and feels that it is a great Thomasville tradition. We thank you again for your participation in helping us to have a successful parade.
For more information please contact Katie Ketchum at 229-226-3446 or firstname.lastname@example.org