Pickleball & Tennis
Location: Remington Park, Thomasville, GA
Try your hand at a game that's part tennis, part badminton
To play pickleball no actual pickles are used! Two or four players use oversized ping-pong paddles to hit a whiffle ball over a three-foot net on the court.
The rules are similar to tennis but are slightly different to allow for a more relaxed pace. For example, a serve must be hit underhand and each team must play their first shot off the bounce.
Pickleball for Beginners with Danyelle Copeland – STARTS IN SEPTEMBER!
- Location: Butler-Mason YMCA Indoor Basketball Gym
- What to Bring: Tennis shoes required & a water bottle. Paddles are provided as needed.
- Monthly Group Session 14 & up (min 4/max 12)
- Monthly Cost: $50 member/$70 non-member (60-minute sessions)
- Day and Time: Tuesdays & Thursdays from 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM (8 sessions/2 sessions per week)
Please call Butler-Mason at 229-226-0133 for more information.
*this is not organized by the Thomasville YMCA
- Organized outdoor open play each Monday and Saturday 9-12 noon.
- Courts are available free to all interested in learning the game, unless otherwise posted.
- Meet up with fellow pickleball players
Two tennis courts are available for play. Join the Tennis Ladder and start playing today!